Clean Fuel Ltd seeks to revolutionise the marine and power generation sectors by providing low cost stable emulsified diesel fuel.
Diesel engines dominate mass transportation, heavy industries, and the marine sector – this is because they offer superior fuel to power conversion and better fuel economy.
Despite the better power conversion and fuel economy, diesel engines are one of the major pollution contributors to the environment. Pollutants emitted from diesel engines include particulate matters (PM), black smoke, nitrogen oxides, sulphur oxides, unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
Emulsified fuel, also known as “Water-in-diesel” (WiDE), is an alternative fuel for combustion engines. WiDE can be used in almost any existing engine setup with little or no costly additional modification or retrofitting.
Although emulsified fuel can be widely used Clean Fuel Ltd will concentrate on the marine and power generation sectors. Ships have the ability to produce water as required and therefore do not need to carry the liquid separately, while most power generators are within easy reach of a water supply. At the same time both the commercial shipping industry and power generation sectors face a number of regulatory and environmental challenges, starting with tighter emission standards likely to be introduced in 2016.
THE BENEFITS OF CLEAN FUEL EMULSIFIED FUELS
- Cuts NOx by more than 60 per cent
- Cuts particulate matter by up to 90 per cent
- Lowers engine temperature by 6-7 degrees
- Burns more efficiently than regular diesel saving fuel
- Endorsed by top engineers
- Utilises latest emulsifying technology
- Can be run in any diesel engine
- Requires only minor adaptions to fuel system and a water source
- Stable and reliable
- Includes unique safety device